Local government elections are held every four (4) years on the third Saturday in October for the election of Mayor and Councillors. The Village of Harrison Hot Springs Council is comprised of one (1) Mayor and four (4) Councillors. The next local government election is October 15, 2022.
The Chief Election Officer and Deputy Chief Election Officer are appointed by Council and are responsible for conducting the election.
Information listed below is general to local government elections. Notifications specific to the 2022 election will be posted in accordance with the Local Government Act as required. Information will be posted in the local newspaper, public notice bulletin boards and the Village website for all required notifications.
- Nomination Period – August 30 to September 9
- Nominations Close – Friday, September 9 at 4:00 pm
- Declaration of Candidates - Friday, September 9 at 4:00 pm in Council Chambers (Village Office)
- Deadline for Challenge of Nominations - Tuesday, September 13 at 4:00 pm
- Deadline for Withdrawal of Candidates - Friday, September 16 at 4:00 pm
- Declaration of Election by Voting – Tuesday, September 20 at 9:00 am in Council Chambers (Village Office)
- Advance Voting Day – Wednesday, October 5 from 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- General Voting Day – Saturday, October 15 from 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Declaration of Official Election Results – Wednesday, October 19 at 9:00 am
- Inaugural Council Meeting - Monday, November 7 at 7:00 pm
The Local Government Act is the authority for all references to the local general election and supersedes any statement made on the Village of Harrison Hot Springs website.
For the purposes of all elections and other voting, the Village of Harrison Hot Springs offers voting day registration only; a person may register as an elector only at the time of voting.
Mail Ballot Voting
For further information on the election process, please contact:
Rhonda Schell, Chief Election Officer at 604-796-2171
Debra Key, Deputy Chief Election Officer at 604-796-2171
Madeline McDonald, Deputy Chief Election Officer at 604-796-2171