The Village of Harrison Hot Springs is seeking two (2) seasonal Washroom Attendants for the Public Works Department.
Under the direct supervision of the Public Works Supervisor, the attendant in this position shall be responsible for servicing public washrooms to ensure they are functional and presentable at all times.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
• Sweep and wash floors, clean walls, mirror and fixtures along with servicing the washroom facilities
• Assist with beach front clean up
• Be able to safely handle cleaning equipment and products as directed
• Have general understanding of the principles and equipment used in cleaning public washrooms
• Able to read and understand written directions
• Able to recognize and repair unsafe or unacceptable sanitary conditions
• Polite, tactful and courteous while dealing with the public
• Able to work independently and follow established routines and procedures
• Have a general knowledge and understanding of the principles for building security
• Must be comfortable working outside in any weather conditions
• Hold an active BC Class 5 Driver’s License
$18.89 (2021) per hour plus 10.6% in lieu of benefits; plus additional shift premium applies for any hours worked after 6pm.
Work Terms and Hours of Work:
Anticipated period of employment is early May to early September. This shift work position consists of:
• 2 positions – Full or Part Time hours available
Shifts include weekends, afternoons and evening work. Some overtime may be required.
Please submit cover letter and resumé to:
Village of Harrison Hot Springs
PO Box 160, 495 Hot Springs Road
Harrison Hot Springs, BC V0M 1K0
or by e-mail to: [email protected]
This position will be filled once a suitable candidate is found.